There is no doubt that baby photography can be a bit of a challenge, but it’s also one area where you have the chance to really capture something unique. Consider the best in the industry like Nurture Baby Photo who have expertise in this field and will capture all those special baby moments. With their tiny little fingers and toes, chubby cheeks, bright eyes, big smiles… there are so many incredible things about newborns!
And all these special details make for some wonderful opportunities in your photos too. If you’re looking for inspiration on how to take great pictures with babies then this blog post will give you plenty of tips! Here are our top five ideas for photographing your new family member… There is no doubt that can be a bit of a, but it’s also one area where you have the chance to really capture something unique.
Tips for taking amazing photos of your little one.
- Choose the perfect time of day – A lot of people think that the best time to take pictures is in natural light, but this isn’t always true. The best time to get good shots is when there is a mix between natural and artificial light- so either early morning or late afternoon shoot would be great!
- Capture them with their favorite things – Babies love anything they can put in their mouth, which means you need to make sure they are surrounded by some of their favorite toys! It might seem like it will be hard to find any free space on that blanket, but if you use props like these then you’ll have plenty of room for shots.
- Try different angles – Babies are so curious about the world that they want to look at everything, holding their heads up high and looking around. Try getting down on their level or maybe even lie flat on your back with them staring right into your eyes!
- Don’t forget to capture their feet! – Babies are the only people in the world who have teeny-tiny baby toes. If you don’t take pictures of them then you’ll regret it once they start growing up and those little piggies disappear!
- Take a lot of pictures – When it comes to getting the perfect shot with babies, you need to get as many shots as possible. One thing that really frustrates new parents is when they only take one or two photos and then their baby starts crying or moving around. If you’re lucky enough to have grandparents watching your little one while you go out for some professional shots, make sure they know this tip!
When choosing props, remember that you need to make sure they match the theme of your shoot. For example, if it’s a woodland-themed session then you might want to use some pine cones and acorns as props but avoid anything with lots of colors or patterns!
The Final Word
There are so many special things about newborns! And all these great details make for wonderful opportunities in your photos too. And hopefully, these tips will give you enough inspiration to go out and start snapping those incredible shots today…